Sell your french property on PFS France for just £24.00 (inc VAT)
We advertise your property until sold, syndicate your advert to other sites
XML, and send you viewing statistics, plus much more.
Simply register with us, then click "Add Property".
TWO CHARMING VILLAGE HOUSES 1,675M2
In Village - Haute-Marne - Champagne-Ardenne
Situated in an exceptional protected green spot in the midst of a historical typical French residential village, housing also a castle, ancient church and presbytery from the middle of the 16th century.
Located in the protected sought-after Champagne-Ardennes region, a stones’ throw away from Burgundy, famous as the birth place and residence of General de Gaulle.
Very attractive green area famous for hunting, fishing, hiking, and also for wine-tasting in particular and other cultural activities.
- Two attractive stand-alone 18th and 19th century adjacent stone houses of 1,675 m2 with beautiful French garden
- Exceptional location, facing south, overlooking the whole valley in a protected quiet historical village
- Sound construction, good overall condition, needing some degree of repair work with lots of potential
- Close to all amenities and connections with excellent quality of life
Two stand-alone picturesque houses for sale located next to each other :
- one dating back to the 19th century facing the whole valley
- the other dating back to the 17th / 18th century facing fields, forests and gardens
Surface of land : 1,675 m2 (0.40 acres)
The village is 20 km away from Chaumont, the “chef-lieu” of the department. All shops and conveniences are available from the small near-by village.
Some degree of renovation work required for both houses, such as some of the plumbing, internal partitioning, fitting kitchens and bathrooms to taste.
Major refurbishment has been completed recently including heating, roof, windows, insulation and electricity.
Great quality of life with a mild local climate.
Specific condition and configuration
19th century house
- 2 levels : ground floor to accommodate entrance hall, kitchen and living room
- First floor to accommodate 2 bedrooms, bathroom and toilets.
- Surface area of house : around 100 m2 in total
- Courtyard at the front entrance of property
- Beautiful ancient arched cellar which can be converted possibly into an additional room (36 m2)
- Big open garden at the back with a French design, planted with trees of various types
All services connected.
General state: major refurbishment works completed recently (including heating, roof, windows, insulation, electricity etc). Result of major surveys confirming house integrity also available.
Main remaining works to be done : some plumbing, internal partition depending on your own space allocation, fitted kitchen and bathroom.
17th / 18th century house
- Ground surface area : 60 m2 with the possibility to make an additional 2 storeys (making potentially up to 150 m2 in total)
- Adjacent lean-to space of 60 m2 with a sloping roof - to be converted possibly into a veranda
- 2 original chimneys
- Barn on the side of 75 m2 which can include two floors of living space, either separate or connected to the main house.
- Property surrounded by garden with various types of fruit trees
- Courtyard at the front entrance of property with a nice sizeable garden
- Vaulted cellar of 20 m2
General state: needs complete renovation works.
Financial support for the remaining renovation works on both properties can be obtained from the local authorities depending on destination of works - in case of B&B, very successful in the area
All lands can be built on, subject to authorization.
Local taxation very low.
Perfectly suitable as investment, second / holiday home, retreat, retirement or conversion to B&B.
Quoted price does not include
notary (legal) fees.
Viewing Statistics (Since 18/10/2017)
Contact rate (%)
In the north east of France, with a border to Belgium, Champagne-Ardenne is most famous for producing the sparkling wine, that has historically underpinned the economy here, though new hi-tec industries are spinging up.
The region is growing in popularity as signified by higher than average house price inflation in recent years.
The region covers 25,606 km² and has an estimated population of 1,342,363 equating to 52/km².
TRANSLATE THIS PAGE
News in France
TELL A FRIEND
If you find PFS France useful, please tell your friends - or let us?
Enter their email address and we'll send
them our website address in a short email.
LINK TO US?
If you have a website why not link to us? Copy the code below and paste into your web